Guys! Starting tomorrow, we are going on tour and visiting a few places in and around the Canadian Rockies. This has all been put together by the super talented Eric Larocque, a local musician that we met on our first jam night at the Wolf’s Den. We will be playing our own set as well as backing Eric up with some harmonies and it’s going to be amazing!
Look at this epic tour poster:
Interested in hearing about the tour dates? Look no further! Well, actually, you have to. Look below!
Thursday 10 May – The Whistle Stop, Jasper, AB
Friday 11 May – The Truffle Pigs, Field, BC
Friday 18 May – Rockwater Bar and Grill, Golden, BC
Saturday 19 May – The Station Pub, Invermere, BC
Friday 25 May – The Last Drop, Revelstoke, BC
Saturday 26 May – Whitetooth Brewing Company, Golden, BC
We’ve heard the drive to Jasper is one of the most beautiful in Canada so we are pretty damn excited. See you soon!
It’s been a while since we last uploaded an acoustic video, hasn’t it? This song is called ‘Nothing Holds A Candle‘ and we finished writing it just over a year ago. We’d love to be able to say what exactly it was that inspired the idea for the song but Matilda can’t remember… All we know is she recorded the first verse on her phone very late one night, forgot about it, and then found the file while going through recordings on her way to Gatwick Airport. She was heading to Sweden for a week and sent the idea over to Moa who helped finish the song. Though we don’t know where the idea came from, we really love this one. For us, it’s about finding the good in each other even when the circumstances around you aren’t ideal.
Video shot outdoors at the Rocky Mountain Buffalo Ranch in Canada.
We’d like to dedicate this song to Mary – an amazing person and colleague who will be missed by many.
Having some good music to listen to is a pretty vital part of life in general, but it is particularly important while travelling. We thought we’d share some of the songs we’ve enjoyed listening to so far during our time in the Rocky Mountains! All compiled into a handy little Spotify playlist. Click on the image below to listen!
Please feel free to let us know what your favourite songs are and if you have any recommendations for us!
FULL LIST OF SONGS:
- Emily Faye – Open Road
- Jake Morrell – Englishman
- Fifth Floor – These Days
- Thomas Rhett & Rhett Akins – Drink A Little Beer
- Lady Gaga – Yoü And I
- Dustin Lynch – Love Me Or Leave Me Alone (feat. Karen Fairchild)
- Andrew McMahon In The Wilderness – Walking On A Dream
- Miranda Lambert – Runnin’ Just In Case
- Post Monroe – Better Place
- José González – Stay Alive
- Jillian Jacqueline – Hate Me (Acoustic)
- Two Ways Home – Push And Pull
- Leo Downey – Little Old Man
- Elliott Joseph – Dust And Memories
- Fifth Floor – Bought Me A Lie
- Jill Johnson & Dregen – Oxycontin Blues
- Maggie Rose – Preacher’s Daughter
- Morgan Wallen – Little Rain
- Iron & Wine – Thomas County Law
- Gitta de Ridder – The Wheel
- Demi Marriner – Cold Coffee
- William Michael Morgan – Missing
- Jarrod Dickenson – Take It From Me
- Fargo & Jack Jaselli – Long Way